Installing Nukkit was easy, but I have no idea how to use it

gnisna

Just a dad trying to set up a server for my kids and their friends that they can use reliably.

Installation was a breeze compared to PMMP. Connecting worked first shot. But we got a water world with no island in site. Can I regenerate the world?

I'm trying to find a Wiki or anything, but I can't find any resource on how to use all the options of Nukkit, like how to create a new world, or how to change the world type. I'm looking around the server.properties, but don't know what everything does. Is there somewhere I can find that has all the info on how to use Nukkit in general?

Thanks.

gnisna

Sorry for the late response. I mean that I can launch it, connect to it, but I don't know exactly what I can change. For example, we didn't like the water world that was generated. How do we generate a new world?

Sleepybear

Staff member
Delete the world, change the seed in the server.properties and the server will regenerate a world

Eckman

Another dad here... wanted to have our own minecraft server local on a pi - installation: great. Now we don't know how to use the server (configurate it) - maybe we can be supportive here in a small group.

1) I've found this very useful: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server.properties
2) Plugins are great - the first plugin I used was the XHUD Plugin to see coordinates
3) mcrcon as a tool to act as an admin is usefull to help the kids - but I think "help" shows only the half of the commands one could use

sraser88

Hi,
I am also a Dad trying to set this up on a Pi 4 for my son and his friends to play. Installation goes well, get server running, but then cannot connect from PE running on phone. Has anyone been able to connect successfully, and if so, anything special you did? It shows up under Friends, but then just times out after a while when trying to connect.

Thanks in advance for any help/tips!

Where's Uranus?

You won't be able to connect from PE, NukkitX is a server for Bedrock edition Minecraft.

Shortly after my post, Minecraft released another update, which meant another server update as well, which meant a bunch of friends could no longer connect until they updated. I gave up.

I went an installed Minetest instead https://www.minetest.net/ my kid was a little lairy at first, but once he realized we could all play on it together he's loving it, it doesn't work on iOS, but it works under Android, Linux, Windows and Mac and it doesn't seem to care too much about versions, so you can jump from a smartphone to an old Kindle, to a laptop, or whatever, and it just runs, and I love it for that.

Also it's been easy to add mods, and configure things, we make our own mobs, we have flying cats and high speed sheep, I'd recommened it.

Another dad here... wanted to have our own minecraft server local on a pi - installation: great. Now we don't know how to use the server (configurate it) - maybe we can be supportive here in a small group.

1) I've found this very useful: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server.properties
2) Plugins are great - the first plugin I used was the XHUD Plugin to see coordinates
3) mcrcon as a tool to act as an admin is usefull to help the kids - but I think "help" shows only the half of the commands one could use
Can you please explain how you got the XHud plugin to show coordinates? As soon as I edit the yml file for the plugin, it won't load. I was able to get rid of the message, but I don't understand how to edit the yml file to show the coordinates.