[Deleted] BackMeUp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tal

Supporter
talhaazeem submitted a new resource:

BackMeUp! - Easily load or create backups with a simple command.

Easily generate backups of your server with this plugin!

Simply run /backmeup or /bmu in the server console or in game, and a folder called archives with your servers files will be saved.

When you want to load the backup, simply run /loadbackup (backup.zip) or /lb (backup.zip) in console or in game, and the backup will be loaded onto your server destroying existing non backed up data.

Please note that currently, Back Me Up only supports Linux which means if you host your NukkitX server on...
Read more about this resource...

mistersam11

I tried to create a second backup (without deleting the first) and I got this *error* (I don't know if this is an error or an avoidable part of the code):
java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: .DS_Store. My question is if I need to delete the old backup before making a new one, and also if you can add an automated backup feature? (If not I'll just create another crontab on my mac because those work fine). Great plugin otherwise!

EDIT: I just tried deleting the backup and creating another one and I got the same error with no backup in the archives folder.

abudu

I hope you can add custom backup name and auto restart function

Last edited:

Jobu

/bmu from the console works . . . curious how this works . . . are the files snapshotted, the server locked during backup or does nukkit require no consistency between files?

When I Ieave the server up, apparently it fires on a timer, but crashes. Seems to be looking for an unzipped version of the rotated compressed logs. For me everything but server.log has been gzipped. It should be looking for 2020-06-0303.log.gz. Maybe there's a race that it's trying to run at the same time as the log rotator? Or maybe it sees new files come into scope, but doesn't lose reference to them when they are deleted?
Code:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /srv/nukkit/RobBob/logs/2020-06-03-3.log (No such file or directory)                                                                                          [235/330]
        at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)                                                                                                                                       
        at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:219)                                                                                                                             
        at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:157)                                                                                                                           
        at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:112)                                                                                                                           
        at com.justtalz.nukkitx.BackMeUp.compress(BackMeUp.java:85)                                                                                                                                     
        at com.justtalz.nukkitx.BackMeUp$1.run(BackMeUp.java:40)                                                                                                                                       
        at cn.nukkit.scheduler.TaskHandler.run(TaskHandler.java:99)                                                                                                                                     
        at cn.nukkit.scheduler.ServerScheduler.runTasks(ServerScheduler.java:296)                                                                                                                       
        at cn.nukkit.scheduler.ServerScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(ServerScheduler.java:277)                                                                                                           
        at cn.nukkit.Server.tick(Server.java:1140)                                                                                                                                                     
        at cn.nukkit.Server.tickProcessor(Server.java:911)                                                                                                                                             
        at cn.nukkit.Server.start(Server.java:888)                                                                                                                                                     
        at cn.nukkit.Server.<init>(Server.java:573)                                                                                                                                                     
        at cn.nukkit.Nukkit.main(Nukkit.java:112)

Status
Not open for further replies.