1.16 Upgrade

Regnodulous

Hey guys - relatively new to all this so be kind. Set up a Bedrock server for my kid and realised today his tablet has upgraded to version 1.16 while there server is still 1.14 so now he can't connect. As far as I can tell that's the latest version. Is there a plan to release a 1.16 version or is there another way to make it work?

Many thanks

Sloffie86

Sitting with the same issue. Our family world is now shelved until 1.16 support is released.
I can however still play on Ubuntu with the unofficial launcher. Can download older versions.

Seadude

Hi, My boy and his friends just informed me with the same problem? Do any of you know of a more actively updated mcpe server or one with a planed schedule that we can use? So I can at least let those kids know when my server will be back online for them. Thanks

ultramoo

The most up to date MCPE is the Offical Mojang Bedrock Alpha which does work as 1.60 (no plugin support)
You can download the server edition from their website: Minecraft Bedrock (Alpha) from Mojang

Their server files only work on Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18+. (I've tested on Ubuntu 18 and its good). Converting worlds from NukkitX to Mojang may not work so you might want to start a temp world until NukkitX is released.

It looks like NukkitX 1.60 update might be a while but hopefully not too long! I miss using plugins!

Sloffie86

Thanks for your feedback. I guess the kids will have to wait for nukkitx to be updated. In the meantime we will just join whoever is playing at the time.

Seadude

The most up to date MCPE is the Offical Mojang Bedrock Alpha which does work as 1.60 (no plugin support)
You can download the server edition from their website: Minecraft Bedrock (Alpha) from Mojang

Their server files only work on Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18+. (I've tested on Ubuntu 18 and its good). Converting worlds from NukkitX to Mojang may not work so you might want to start a temp world until NukkitX is released.

It looks like NukkitX 1.60 update might be a while but hopefully not too long! I miss using plugins!
Thanks. I have no idea MS provide Minecraft server software download! I will give that a try, it is better to have a place for them to hangout than nothing at all! I only use mob plugin with nukkit so far (very new to MC server), so as long as the MS server has mobs,the kids will have fun. nukkit has been having a lot of crashes and I hope MS provided server will hold up better. Thanks again for your help.

ultramoo

Thanks. I have no idea MS provide Minecraft server software download! I will give that a try, it is better to have a place for them to hangout than nothing at all! I only use mob plugin with nukkit so far (very new to MC server), so as long as the MS server has mobs,the kids will have fun. nukkit has been having a lot of crashes and I hope MS provided server will hold up better. Thanks again for your help.
Oh yes, the Mojang release has been out for a while and has all the features, blocks, items, recipes, new mobs, and biome generation is complete. It only lacks plugin and customising.

If only sombody could reverse engineer it and then convert it to nukkitx to use as the base. But it's not even in Java to start of with.

erple2

One of the nice features of nukkitx is that it's a java application. Which means that it will most likely work on any platform that has a valid JVM designed for it (like on my Raspberry Pi running "raspbian"). In fact, that's the main reason why I started to use nukkitx to begin with. I'll happily continue to wait for the 1.16 release of nukkitx in the meanwhile. I did notice that there's a 1.16.x branch available in the source repo, which means that some work is proceeding on that. Would be interesting to see what happens with that in the future.

ZEENKEY

Hey guys - relatively new to all this so be kind. Set up a Bedrock server for my kid and realised today his tablet has upgraded to version 1.16 while there server is still 1.14 so now he can't connect. As far as I can tell that's the latest version. Is there a plan to release a 1.16 version or is there another way to make it work?

Many thanks
1.16 Nukkit version :D

ScraM-Team

Thanks, I have tried it out and I can definitely connect from 1.16 clients. It's very cool.

Having used it now a little while I've seen just a couple of issues:
* Items can't be taken from chests
* Chat messages have some visual glitch, underlines under certain characters

I haven't tried any of the new 1.16 blocks or other features, however.

ZEENKEY

What I have been able to see is that the armor does work. The new blocks do not work.
The generation of the nether is the same as always.

But I was able to put the mobs plugin and the mobs from 1.16 work fine.
Even the 1.16 npc.
Emotes also work.