GuestAccounts

GuestAccounts 1.0

PetteriM1

Resource Mod
Staff member
PetteriM1 submitted a new resource:

GuestAccounts - Players without Xbox account as guests

NOTICE: You need to disable xbox-auth from server.properties

With this plugin you can safely allow players without Xbox account to play on your server. Guests will get guest username, example "Guest_739204". The plugin will cache usernames so the players can use same accounts. You can edit guest username format, optional message for guests and other stuff in config.
Read more about this resource...

nex

Feature request: Optionally making Guest players "Visiters" (readonly players), until admin or a "Member" (normal player) /invites them to join the "Members".

want_2know

Hello, PetteriM1.
Can you please tell me if I can use this to login on the server without a Microsoft account? I only want the kids to play offline on the LAN I am afraid they can login in other online servers when I give them a Microsoft account. When I install your plugin I am still redirected to sign in at Microsoft. Hope you can help, thanks !

PetteriM1

Resource Mod
Staff member
Hello, PetteriM1.
Can you please tell me if I can use this to login on the server without a Microsoft account? I only want the kids to play offline on the LAN I am afraid they can login in other online servers when I give them a Microsoft account. When I install your plugin I am still redirected to sign in at Microsoft. Hope you can help, thanks !
This plugin itself doesn't change anything related to xbox authentication. It just forces unauthenticated users to be guests. You don't necessary have to use this ot any other authentication plugin if you won't port forward your server to make it publicly accessible (and if your kids won't try to log in as each other). Disabling the authentication can be done in server.properties but unmodified vanilla client only lets you join LAN games through the friends tab without an xbox account.