Nukkit Server not showing up as friend game..

Sloffie86

I have a very strange situation with our Family Nukkit server running on the Pi4.
We mostly connect to the server with our Android Handsets and all works fine there.
The problem comes in when I am using my Desktop PC to join. I have both Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10 on the machine.
When playing Minecraft Windows 10 edition, all works perfectly fine. I am able to find the Nukkit server under friends currently playing.

The problem comes in when playing Minecraft PE on my Desktop PC booted in Ubuntu using the MCPE Launcher for Linux.
I do not see my Nukkit server under the LAN games tab/Friends playing tab. The Desktop PC is connected to the same router as the Pi4 via ethernet cable. The Pi is also connected via ethernet cable.

A workaround I have found is to add the server to the servers tab. I then delete it and BOOM the game shows up under the friends tab and I am able to join and play happily.

What I find strange is that everything works fine on all the devices, except on my PC when booted in Ubuntu.

Sloffie86

I still could not figure out why MCPE launcher on Ubuntu does not recognize my Nukkit server on the Pi as a friend.
I did the opposite where I launched the server on the Ubuntu PC and opened MCPE on the Pi. Same story, the Pi does not see the Ubuntu server under friends.

When I create a world in minecraft PE on Ubuntu, not through nukkit, then the MCPE on the Pi sees the game under friends. The phones and Windows 10 do not have any issues, they see the servers irrespective of the nature of the server.

I have no idea even where to start. I have looked at the similar posts in the forum but they do not offer much help as to what I am doing wrong.
in server.properties the ip address is 0.0.0.0 and the port is default. I noticed when I messed with the port then it makes it even worse, MCPE on my phone then also does not see the server.

Somehow Raspbian on the Pi and Ubuntu 20.04 are not friends. :) Somehow there must be a setting I am missing.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

sraser88

I have a very strange situation with our Family Nukkit server running on the Pi4.
We mostly connect to the server with our Android Handsets and all works fine there.
The problem comes in when I am using my Desktop PC to join. I have both Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10 on the machine.
When playing Minecraft Windows 10 edition, all works perfectly fine. I am able to find the Nukkit server under friends currently playing.

The problem comes in when playing Minecraft PE on my Desktop PC booted in Ubuntu using the MCPE Launcher for Linux.
I do not see my Nukkit server under the LAN games tab/Friends playing tab. The Desktop PC is connected to the same router as the Pi4 via ethernet cable. The Pi is also connected via ethernet cable.

A workaround I have found is to add the server to the servers tab. I then delete it and BOOM the game shows up under the friends tab and I am able to join and play happily.

What I find strange is that everything works fine on all the devices, except on my PC when booted in Ubuntu.
I wanted to ask if you had to do anything special to get your Android phones able to connect. I have installed the Nukkit server on a Pi 4, and it shows up under Friends, but then I can't connect. It just times out after a while.

Sloffie86

No, the android phones worked fine from the get go. What is important is that you have the same version as the server. Currently minecraft PE is in v1. 16. Whereas the server is still 1.14.6 I believe. Thus you will have to downgrade your Mc version in order to play.

sraser88

That's what I was wondering...is it possible to go back to an older version once you have 1.16 installed?

Sloffie86

There is a way but you will have to manually install the older version. I however would rather just wait for nukkitx to be updated for V1.16.
I can however play the older versions through the unofficial mcpe launcher on my Ubuntu machine. You can pick older versions as you do in the java edition.