Opinion: best player trigger for mobile?

Jagarti

I'm relatively new to developing plugins for Nukkit but I've got significant experience with Bukkit/Spigot. When dealing with players who only use PCs, commands are second nature, but now that I'm dealing with touch screen, although commands are available, for many players using them is cumbersome. Bedrock has the great option of forms for feature control, but I'm struggling to find the best way of prompting.

So far, I've come up with having a main menu pop up every time the PlayerInventory is closed, but that's a little annoying.

I've considered opening the menu on the InventoryOpenEvent, but I haven't yet figured out how to close the inventory, first. From what I've read, I think it has to do with a packet.

As another option, I could have a permanent item in the hotbar that opens the menu, but that limits the number of items a player can have at the ready.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what they've seen or used?

Jagarti

I'd just stick with the hotbar method, it's the most familiar to most players.
Thank you, you're probably correct. I am partial to having an InventoryOpenEvent that offers a form with two options: open inventory and menu, just to keep that hotbar slot free, and use the inventory button, but I guess it's not as intuitive if someone is using a controller and doesn't have that button there.