Other players are not moving, what is going on?

BASTENScom

I have had a server up for a while but recently the other users are not moving. I can see what they are building but I cannot see them. What happened? My son and I are using on a local network so I don't think its a lag issue.

Warning I a not a user just a parent setting up a server for my son so be warned that I am not an avid user. Any input would be appreciated.

Redned

I have had a server up for a while but recently the other users are not moving. I can see what they are building but I cannot see them. What happened? My son and I are using on a local network so I don't think its a lag issue.

Warning I a not a user just a parent setting up a server for my son so be warned that I am not an avid user. Any input would be appreciated.
Are you using the latest version of Nukkit? In Minecraft 1.14.30, player movement was changed, and the latest version of Nukkit should solve this problem.

BASTENScom

no I have not updated it and sounds like the cause of the issue. I think I am running v1.14.0. Now for the stupid question. How do I update it in on Linux?

Redned

BASTENScom

D'oh, I updated the jar and now it broke OpenJDK.

22:50:42 [INFO ] Successfully loaded 0 resource packs
> OpenJDK Client VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll1630730704887937993.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.

[UPDATE] I can no longer connect to the server, the update broke everything. seems to boot withe only the error I copied above. My version is
[INFO ] This server is running Nukkit version git-0d4e563 "" (API 1.0.9)

[UPDATE] I deleted the nukkit.yml in hopes it would create a new one and fix any bugs. still no joy

[FIXED] I deleted the server.properties file which made it generate a new one and now it works! Clearly the server.properties file is different and my old one was not compatible. The ability to see others move works once again. Thanks Redned!

... but I still get the OpenJDK error :( I will ignore it since it is working.

Last edited: