I NEED HELP WITH RESOURCE PACKS!!!

TheEvPatch

How on earth do I get a resource pack to load on a world???
do I create a folder named "resource_packs" in the /worlds/world folder and plop it in or dose it have to be a resources.zip file because nukkit runs java worlds, and dose it have to be a bedrock edition resource pack or a java edition one

skilo

Hey dude, I understand how painful it is trying to figure out something without help. So I wanted to help. I was having the same problem, and I found I wasn't alone. So I played with a few settings and discovered how to do it. In your "server.properties", make sure you turn on force-resources (this will apply the resources when you join the server). You can do that by the following...
Code:
force-resources=on
#texture format

Step 1: Extract the files from the texture to a folder.
Step 2: Select the texture files in the extracted folder with ctrl a.
Step 3: While selected, compile them into a zip. ( I like to use 7-zip to do this) & (The name of the zip doesn't matter)
Step 4: Drag the zip into the resources folder, and restart the server.
Step 5: Check the console when done.

There should be a message in your console that shows that it's enabled.

22:28:42 [INFO] Successfully loaded 1 resource packs
Let me know if this helps. The steps worked for me.

If there are any questions regarding the steps, let me know :)

Sincerely
Skilastic

ZizzyZizzy

I was searching all over for this. The instructions here helped, but were missing vital information:

1. Nukkit looks for .zip or .mcpack (just a renamed .zip file) in the main server folder under resource_packs
2. Do not include another folder in the zip.

This is what it looked like when I created a .zip that loaded successfully:

Code:
  adding: manifest.json (deflated 43%)
  adding: pack_icon.png (deflated 16%)
  adding: README.txt (deflated 38%)
  adding: texts/ (stored 0%)
  adding: texts/en_US.lang (deflated 75%)
  adding: texts/en_GB.lang (deflated 75%)
  adding: textures/ (stored 0%)
  adding: textures/ui/ (stored 0%)
  adding: textures/ui/title.png (deflated 1%)
  adding: ui/ (stored 0%)
  adding: ui/pause_screen.json (deflated 72%)

Tim

I had trouble with this too (@ZizzyZizzy 's post helped me out), so I had a dig around in the Nukkit code and found that the manifest.json file has to be in a particular format to work.

The content below worked for me (with a different name, description, etc) and Minecraft downloaded the resource packs.

It didn't apply the texture pack to a world that had already been generated though, so it might be that the texture pack needs to be there when the world is generated or I have a bad texture pack, but it was a step in the right direction.

JSON:
{
    "header": {
        "name":"My texture pack",
        "description":"Texture pack description",
        "uuid":"c15a4718-edbc-4373-b1ef-9549459cf865",
        "version":[1,0,0]
    },
    "format_version":1,
    "modules":[]
}

BoxedPig

Hey dude, I understand how painful it is trying to figure out something without help. So I wanted to help. I was having the same problem, and I found I wasn't alone. So I played with a few settings and discovered how to do it. In your "server.properties", make sure you turn on force-resources (this will apply the resources when you join the server). You can do that by the following...
Code:
force-resources=on
#texture format

Step 1: Extract the files from the texture to a folder.
Step 2: Select the texture files in the extracted folder with ctrl a.
Step 3: While selected, compile them into a zip. ( I like to use 7-zip to do this) & (The name of the zip doesn't matter)
Step 4: Drag the zip into the resources folder, and restart the server.
Step 5: Check the console when done.

There should be a message in your console that shows that it's enabled.

Let me know if this helps. The steps worked for me.

If there are any questions regarding the steps, let me know :)

Sincerely
Skilastic
Do Cloudburst/NukkitX servers use Bedrock or Java resource pack format?

BoxedPig

Which resource pack type must I use ?
I figured it out, you must use the default bedrock resource pack format, but you cannot leave it as a folder in the resource pack library of the server, you must zip it into a .mcpack file, but you also cant add the files to a folder and zip that, you have to select all the files and zip them