How to set showCoordinates and Simulation distance?

jipthechip

Even if I'm an operator, it doesn't let me change these settings in game via the "Game" menu, and I can't find a configuration file that lets you set these.

I know you can set showCoordinates with the command /gamerule showCoordinates true, but I don't believe this is permanent.

PetteriM1

Resource Mod
Staff member
Even if I'm an operator, it doesn't let me change these settings in game via the "Game" menu, and I can't find a configuration file that lets you set these.

I know you can set showCoordinates with the command /gamerule showCoordinates true, but I don't believe this is permanent.
Game rules are saved with the world so they are saved even if you restart the server. View distance is a setting in server.properties.

GOOBY

I'm talking about Simulation distance, not render distance. Like the distance that entities are rendered. For me that setting is greyed out and locked to 4 chunks.
I had the same problem. The value you want to change in server.properties is called "tick-distance" and it is originally set to 4. This is the same a simulation distance and if you set it to 12 which is the max the simulation distance will also be 12. Hope this helps.